Why Do Men Perform Jelqing?
Many believe that performing regular jelqing exercises can increase the length and girth of the penis. Jelqing exercises are one of the few solutions which doesn’t involve any chemicals or medicinal substances. It is a simple technique that claims to increase penis size by using hand exercises.
Although it is a widespread technique, there is no evidence-based study published that confirms its efficacy. Many people believe in the results of this exercise, but there is no scientific evidence that substantiates the claims.
How To Perform Jelqing?
There is a specific technique for this exercise. Using the incorrect technique can lead to serious injury to the penis. Here is a step-by-step method for how to do jelqing:
- Bring your index finger to touch your thumb in a circular manner.
- Spread out the other three fingers. It should look like an ‘OK’ sign. You can use either hand.
- Now slide your penis through the ‘O’ until you reach the base of your penis. Now, tighten the ‘O’ ring made with your fingers until it creates a firm grip on your penis.
- To increase the length of your penis by hand, start sliding your ‘O’ ring downwards.
- Maintain a firm grip throughout. Keep it firm and not tight.
- The downward motion should result in a mild ‘pulling’ feeling.
- Stretch your penis this way from the base to the head.
If the penis is flaccid, then the length might be too short. Making your penis semi-erect is preferable. If the process is too painful, loosen the ‘O’ ring grip. If the stretching or pulling does not feel smooth, use some lubricant.
Performing jelqing exercises to increase the length and girth of your penis will produce results. There could be visible stretch marks on the penis.
The process creates micro-tears in the tissue of the penis. These tears, as they heal, will increase the length- quite similar to the way exercise builds bicep muscles by strengthening and causing them to grow.
Also read: Dry skin on penis skin care
Results Of Jelqing - What To Expect
The results of jelqing can be more harmful than helpful. The tissue of the penis is not a muscle like a bicep. It cannot be called a muscle at all. Hence, it does not react by healing after micro-tears. Stretching the penis using the jelqing exercise by hand does not lead to the expected increase in penis length or girth.
There may, instead, be side effects of jelqing. Due to the use of the improper technique or excessive jelqing exercise by hand, it may cause:
- Tissue injury
- Swelling of the penis
- Damage to penis blood vessels
- Bruising or discolouration of the skin of the penis
- Itching or infection on the skin of the penis due to poor hygiene
Precautions To Consider While Jelqing
Since jelqing involves direct contact of the hand to the penis, and this is a sensitive and delicate area, maintaining proper hygiene is necessary.
- Trimming fingernails
- Washing hands
- Washing the groin after the jelqing exercise
Be cautious when using a device for jelqing. Stop jelqing with a traction device, sleeve, traction rollers, plastic arms, or any other such contraptions if you notice any of the following:
- Burst blood vessels
- Bluish discolouration on the skin of the penis
- Red spots on the skin of the penis or any penis infection
- Numbness or tingling
You may feel disappointed when enlarging the penis by hand doesn’t work.
How To Increase Penis Length With Your Hands?
There is no confirmed method for this. Using a hand or using a tool does not guarantee any result. If there is a severe problem, surgeries such as penis enlargement surgery are an option to consider. There are surgeries available that use penile implants. Penis massages are a great way to increase blood circulation around intimate areas that leads to stronger erections. However, it doesn’t help with increasing penis size.
Does Penis Enlargement Work?
There is no scientific evidence to support that natural methods to increase penis size work. Surgical techniques do exist, but medical experts discourage men from undergoing this procedure for purely cosmetic purposes as it can lead to permanent nerve damage.
Also read: Safe ways to remove penis hair
Joe K. C. Lee, Ronny B. W. Tan (2017) Erectile dysfunction treatment and traditional medicine—can East and West medicine coexist? (Translational Andrology and Urology) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5313309/